PASSPORTS APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED BETWEEN 9:00 AM AND 3:00 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
You may apply for a new Passport Book or Passport Card at the County Clerk's Office.
When applying for your new Passport Book or Passport Card, you'll need the following documentation:
- Proof of US Citizenship
- If born in the United States, you'll need an original or certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised or embossed seal. If you do not have an original birth certificate, contact the Town or Village Clerk in which you were born or the agency that handles vital records in the State in which you were born.
- Hospital records alone are not acceptable as proof of citizenship and we CANNOT accept them.
- If born outside the United States, you'll need a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Report of Birth Abroad.
- Proof of Identity
- Valid Driver's License (if an out of state ID, secondary ID must be presented). Please bring a copy of your driver's license - this is attached to the application
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Government Employee ID Card
- Two Color Passport Photos
- The Broome County Clerk's Office can take your passport photos. Passport photos can also be taken at other locations throughout the County.
- Check or money orders to pay the fees
- As of 5/7/18, we are no longer able to accept cash or credit card for the fees payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- The current passport fee schedule is available here.
If your most recent Passport was issued less than 15 years ago, you were over 16 years old at the time of issuance and have not had a name change and can submit your most recent passport; you may be eligible to renew your Passport by mail. For further information, you can visit the US Department of State's website at travel.state.gov or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1.877.487.2778
Passport Information in Other Languages
The Broome County Clerk's Office has worked with the United States Department of State is proud to offer passport information in 10 languages besides English.
Spanish : Adults Passport Info / Minor Passport info