Broome County Mental Health Department
The mission of the Broome County Mental Health Department is to plan, organize and oversee a comprehensive continuum of care for consumers of public mental hygiene services in Broome County. The Department will engage in participatory planning process to develop mental hygiene services that will include government officials, providers, community representatives and recipients or their families. The Department will assure that State and/or Local oversight mechanisms are in place to ensure that services are delivered in a responsible, efficient manner. The Department will assure that mental hygiene service providers in Broome County will coordinate and collaborate for the delivery of services that are responsible to the needs of the recipients, including culturally diverse populations. The Department's primary role is to facilitate and oversee the continuum of care for consumers of mental hygiene services in Broome County.
MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH MONTH
Since 1949, May is observed as Mental Health Month, spread the word that mental health is something everyone should care about. Now more than ever, it is critical to reduce the stigma around mental health struggles, because stigma often prevents individuals from seeking help.
You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24-hour crisis center,
or text MHA to 741741 at the Crisis Text Line.
You can also call 1-800-985-5990 or Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 at the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline. Trained crisis workers will listen to you and direct you to the resources you need.
A NY state of mind - Headspace - click below to enter
Broome County Mental Health Department Contact Information:
- Administration - 607.778.2351
- BC Suicide Awareness For Everyone (SAFE) - 607.778.1146
- BroomeINCLUDES - 607.778.1109
- Crisis Intervention Team - 607.778.8982
- Dual Recovery Coordinator - 607.778.1162
- Forensics Unit - 607.778.2126
- NIDA HEALing Communities Study - 607.778.1148
- Promise Zone - 607.778.1146
- Performance & Contract Management - 607.778.1120
- Prevention Coalition of Broome County - 607.778.1005
- Re-Entry Coordinator - 607.743.1790
- Single Point of Access (SPOA) Coordinator for Children- 607.778.1102
- Single Point of Access (SPOA) Coordinator for Adults - 607.778.1119
If you have a mental health emergency, please contact the Crisis Center at 607.762.2302
If you are seeking a mental health provider, you may contact any of these local OMH Licensed Agencies:
- Greater Binghamton Health Center (GBHC) - Community Treatment & Recovery Center (CTRC) at 607.797.0680
- Lourdes Center for Family Health at 607.584.4465
- Family & Children's Society Family Mental Health Clinic at 607.729.6206
- UHS Outpatient Mental Health Clinic at 607.762.2340