Binghamton University Card Holders
Beginning Monday, November 7,2022 a new ID scanning system will be implemented on BC Transit buses. All students, faculty and staff using BC Transit buses must scan a valid and active Binghamton University ID to ride. Inactive, suspended or expired cards will not be accepted.
Current Binghamton University students, faculty and staff are able to ride BC Transit buses at no charge with the scan of an active ID. If you experience an issue that you feel is in error, please contact the BU ID Card office located in the Admissions Center Building, Room 112.
Binghamton City School District
Students using an authorized valid Binghamton High School identification card obtained through the school district office may ride for free when traveling to and from school only. Service to B.H.S. is noted on each of the following schedules:
- 3 Park Ave (towards Binghamton General Hospital and Ross Park Zoo)
- 5 Vestal Ave (towards Vestal Ave, Pennsylvania Ave, MacArthur Park)
- 12 Conklin Ave (towards Saratoga Apartments)
- 28 Robinson St (towards Carlisle Apartments)
- 40 Chenango St (towards Country Town Apartments)
About BHS Student Passes:
Students ride any fixed route bus with a valid student identification card. Routes serving Binghamton University:
- Route 5 Vestal Ave.
- Route 9 BU-SUNY Broome Express
- Route 15 Leroy St.
- Route 16 BU Express
- Route 17 Johnson City
- Route 47 Vestal/Endicott
- Route 48 Shoppers Express
- Route 57 Shoppers Special
- Route 91 Shoppers Express
- See campus map
Students ride with a valid student identification card. Identification cards may be used on the fixed route service only. Routes serving SUNY Broome are:
Johnson City Schools
Students are eligible to purchase a student pass with school ID. The route serving Johnson City Schools on Reynolds Rd is: