12/17/20 3:42 AM ALL BC TRANSIT BUS SERVICES ARE SUSPENDED DUE TO THE WINTER STORM. WE WILL RESUME SERVICE WHEN GIVEN CLEARANCE BY BROOME COUNTY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. THIS INCLUDES ALL BC TRANSIT FIXED ROUTE SERVICE, BC LIFT, BC COUNTRY, AND THE OFA MINIBUS.
What is the OFA Mini-Bus?
The Office for Aging (OFA) Mini-Bus is a shared ride bus service for those age 60 and over who live in Broome County's urban core. You may use this bus to ride to and from your home, medical appointments, grocery stores, hairdressers, restaurants, and many other places you may wish to go.
How do I sign-up for the OFA Mini-Bus?
- ::READ MORE::
Where does the OFA Mini-Bus go?
- OFA Mini-Bus serves areas within 3/4 of a mile around BC Transit fixed route service, which includes much of Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, Endwell, Vestal, and parts of Conklin and Kirkwood.
- OFA Mini-Bus is a curb-to-curb service. The bus will pick you up near your home, and bring you to your destination.
- Your pick up and destination must be within the service area as shown on the map.
How much does it cost?
- The suggested contribution for the OFA mini bus is $2.00/ride. No one will be denied this service due to their inability or unwillingness to contribute.
- Escorts age 60 and over may ride with a suggested contribution of $2.00 to help offset the cost for the service.
- Escorts below age 60 may ride with a fare of $3.00.
- Those over age 65 and Medicare card holders may ride BC Transit's fixed route system for reduced rates.
What are your hours of operation?
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- We are closed most major holidays.
Title VI Civil Rights Protection
The Broome County Department of Public Transportation is committed to ensuring that no person on the basis of race color, or national origin, will be subjected to discrimination in the level and quality of transportation services as protected by Title VI.