Broome County Parks Permit
The Broome County Department of Parks & Recreation provides a wide array of recreational opportunities, some of which require permits:
Shelters can reserved by visiting www.reserveamerica.com Reservations can be made 13-months in advance. Shelter reservations that don't require a permit include barbeques, birthdays, showers and parties.
Athletic Fields can be reserved by submitting a Group Permit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Athletic Field permit requests should be submitted at one week in advance. Please note insurance requirements will be required. Athletic Field Guidelines . Cost: $15 per field
Group Permits must be filled out for groups with more than twenty-five (25) people without shelter reservation. See below for more information regarding General Group Regulations. Cost: Free
Group Camping Permit. Group Camping by organized youth groups ( i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) will be permitted at Dorchester Park ( available all year ); Greenwood Park (available May-October); Nathaniel Cole Park (available Memorial Day-Labor Day). Group Camping Permits must be submitted at least one week prior to using the area. Group Camping Guidelines
Special Events Permit. This applies to requests for walks, runs, fundraisers, organization/club events, park clean ups, weddings, stage rentals and similar gatherings. Please note insurance requirements. Special Event permit requests should be submitted at least 45 days prior to event.
Metal Detector Permit Cost: Free
Permit applications can be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com or mailed to
Broome County Parks & Recreation 60 Hawley Street, PO Box 1766, Binghamton, New York 13902
For questions, please contact the Broome County Department of Parks & Recreation at (607)778-2193.
General Group Regulations
- Groups with more than twenty-five (25) people will be admitted by a permit only unless rental shelter
- The permit does not entitle the group to any special privileges such as tables, grills, parking or play fields.
- All groups of persons under the age of eighteen (18) will be chaperoned by leaders twenty-on (21 years of age or older, on a basis of one leader to ten children.
- Groups registering for a permit in the name of an agency, institution or the like will furnish evidence that the activity is approved social function scheduled and approved by the agency, and that some officer or leader will be present at the function.
- The number of groups permitted may be limited in one park on any given day. Group sizes are generally limited to 100 persons, but larger groups may be accommodated if the total persons registered for a given park and day does not interfere with regular park operations.
- Carnival -type rides such as bounce houses, dunking booths, animal riders, etc. are not permitted.
- The use of portable or permanent public address systems or any sound amplifying equipment is prohibited.
- The Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to assign groups to specific areas of the park.
- We will do our best to give grant date requested, dates available upon request.
- Special Event Permits requests should be submitted at least 45 days to process request, so make sure you plan ahead.
- All permits are FREE except Hot Air Balloon Permit.
- All permits by be signed to request approval.
- Submission of a permit does not guarantee approval, the proposed location, or any other details contained herein.