PLEASE NOTE: Dorchester Park Beach is closed for the 2020 Season, and will reopen Memorial Day Weekend In May, 2021. The Park Remains Open, Year-Round. The NY State Boat Launch Is Available Typically Until Some Time In November.
For details on COVID-19 restrictions at Broome County Parks, visit the Parks homepage.
The easy access of the launching area to a 1,200 acre reservoir has made Dorchester the small boat haven of Broome County. Rental boats are available, Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day, or bring your own. Boating, plus the many other outstanding facilities of this beautiful waterside park, truly offer something for the entire family. Dorchester is the site of the Almost-Annual Crappie Derby ice fishing contest, and the Annual Broome County Parks Triathlon.
For more information, call 607.692.4612.
- Open and shaded grounds
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Three Picnic shelters-100 person capacity, available by reservation. Make online reservations at reserveamerica.com. - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, along with a reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. A $5 transaction fee is applied to all reservations.
- Two-mile paved walking/biking path; participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program.
- Volleyball nets
- Youth Group Camping Area for organized youth groups; call 607.778.2193 for information or a permit. Please call at least one week in advance of your planned arrival.
|Stand-Up Paddle boards||$20.00||$8.00||NA|
|Sr. Citizen(age 60+) /Veteran Rowboat/Canoe*||$10.00||$3.00||$10.00|
- 1,200 acre reservoir
- New York State boat launch
- Parking for 70 cars and trailers
- Motors with 25 hp or less permitted (max 10 mph)
- Rental boats are available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. (Hours may vary)
- Note: No rentals past 7:00p.m. and all boats must be returned by 7:30 p.m.
* Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card at the park to receive discount.
- White sand beach; open 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day (hours may vary)
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas
- Fish for pike, bass and panfish
- Fish from shore, inlet, or rental boats
Youth Group Camping
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (e.g. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- To secure a permit, or request additional information, call 607.778.2193. Please call for a permit at least one week prior to the date requested
Click below for more about Dorchester Park and what it has to offer. View maps of the park layout and the lake area, with depths, fish species present, and more.