PLEASE NOTE: Swimming, Boathouse, and Concessions are CLOSED for the season! Swimming and Boathouse will open Memorial Day Weekend 2023 through Labor Day 2023!
The Park Remains Open, Year-Round. Hours: 8:00am-Dusk!
Nathaniel Cole Park is named after a Revolutionary War veteran who settled with his family in 1795 in an area that eventually came to be called Cole's Hill. Together with his son, Nathaniel Cole, Jr., he built a tavern on the corner of what is now Colesville Road and Watrous Road. The tavern, in operation as early as 1800, became a stopping place for the stage coach en route from Binghamton to Albany. Part of the land once owned by Nathaniel Cole now comprises the Broome County Park that bears his name.
Cole Park has a beautiful 53-acre lake, the largest protected beach in the county system. A 1.25 mile trail encircles the lake. Two picnic areas, four picnic shelters, playgrounds boat rentals, great fishing and more make Nathaniel Cole one of our finest parks. A concession stand sells hot dogs, beverages, candy, ice cream, bagged ice and more, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Nathaniel Cole Park is a participant in the Broome County Hiking Challenge program and in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program.
Organized Youth Groups may request a permit to use the park's Youth Group Camping Area for rustic camping. (Call 607.778.2193 at least one week in advance.)
- Open and shaded areas
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Play Area
- Sand Volleyball
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation online (www.reserveamerica.com) - For information, call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $100.00 on weekends/holidays, with a reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. A $5 transaction fee is applied to all reservations.
- Food concession Friday-Sunday 11:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Labor Day
Swimming: Memorial Day Weekend - Labor Day
- White sand beach; 11:00 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. (hours may vary)
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers and restrooms
- Coin operated lockers
- For more information about swimming CLICK HERE
- No private boats are allowed on Nathaniel Cole Lake. (Private boats may be launched at Dorchester Park or Grippen Park)
- Rental boats are available from Monday-Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (hours may vary).
- Note: Last boat rental is at 6:30 p.m.
- Boat rentals are cash only.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen(age 60+) /Veteran (*Rowboats & Canoes ONLY*)||$20.00||$3.00||$10.00|
Veterans must present the Broome County Veteran ID card to receive discount.
All boat rentals are cash only
For more information about boating CLICK HERE
- Fish for small mouth bass and panfish from the shore or from rented boats
Self-Guided Nature Trail
- Circle the lake on 1.5 miles of scenic trail that offers beautiful views of the lake.
- Participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program
Youth Group Camping
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (e.g. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- Groups must secure a permit at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call 607.778.2193 to request additional information or a permit. Please call at least one week prior to your planned arrival date.
Click below for more about Nathaniel Cole Park and what it has to offer. View maps of the park layout and the lake area, with depths, fish species present, and more.
For more information, call 607.693.1389