The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Tuesday, September 5th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Culvert pipe work on River Rd. (Chenango Bridge), Stateline Rd., & Stratmill Rd.
- Paving on Twist Run Rd. (from Farm to Market Rd. to Taft Ave.)
- Blacktop repairs on Hardie Rd. & North Sanford Rd.
- Surface treatments on Brady Hill Rd. & Saddlemire Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on East Main Rd., Edson Rd., Pierce Creek Rd., Smith Hill Rd., Stateline Rd., & Stratmill Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.