The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, September 18th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Milling & Paving on Hooper Rd. from Country Club Rd. to Rt. 17C (including all Hooper Rd. ramps); beginning Monday 9/18 through Wednesday 9/27 – *Expect delays and seek alternate routes*
- Culvert pipe work on North Sanford Rd., Oakdale Rd., Pierce Creek Rd., Powderhouse Rd., & Stateline Rd.
- Blacktop patching on Knapp Hill Rd., Lake Rd., & North Rd.
- Surface treatments on Brady Hill Rd., Edson Rd., Nanticoke Rd., & Saddlemire Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on East Main Rd., North Sanford Rd., Pierce Creek Rd., Smith Hill Rd., Stateline Rd., Stratmill Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.