The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, July 24th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Paving Chenango St. – expect delays
- Culvert replacement on Loughlin Rd., Powers Rd. & Crocker Hill Rd.
- Cleaning ditches & rebuilding shoulders on Crocker Hill Rd., Ganoungtown Rd., Old State Rd., & Stratmill Rd.
- Patching Owen Hill Rd. & Pagebrook Rd.
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
- Painting & sign repairs on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.