The following work is scheduled on the following Broome County roadways beginning Monday, October 9th. This is part of the record amount of work scheduled for 2023, in which more than 83 miles of Broome County roadways will be repaired.
- Culvert & pipe replacement work on Colesville Rd., Lewis Rd., North Rd., & Upper Stella Ireland Rd.
- Paving Nanticoke Rd. between Ames Crossing & Henry M. Baldwin)
- Cleaning ditches on Hyde St., Killawog Hill Rd., Sanitary Springs Rd., & Stratmill Rd.
- Rebuilding shoulders on Brooks Rd. & Upper Stella Ireland Rd.
- Cutting trees along right of way on various County roads
- Mowing right of way on various County roads
Motorists are reminded to use caution in work zones, even when they are not active as some routes may be modified as construction progresses. Slowing down is always the most effective way to keep yourself and workers safe. You may also want to give yourself extra time during commutes to accommodate for any detours or changes in traffic patterns.