How do I make a reservation?
Call 607.763.8747. Only those requests received between 8:00 AM. and 4:00 PM, Monday through Sunday will be considered. BC Lift reservations must be made at least one (1) business day in advance and no more than seven (7) days week in advance.
You may reserve your ride online via your computer or smartphone. Only those requests received Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:00 AM. and 3:00 PM. will be considered. BC Lift reservations must be made at least one (1) business day in advance and no more than seven (7) days week in advance. You can reserve your ride online in English or Spanish.
Can Visitors Reserve a Ride?
Visitors with who are approved for ADA paratransit in another location are allowed 21 days of service in a calendar year. The BC Lift will ask visitors for a copy of their ADA paratransit ID card from their previous location or proof of a disability if they do not have their card present. If the rider needs more than 21 days of service, they are asked to submit a BC Lift application. Our reservation process is the same for visitors as current BC Lift riders.
What do I need when I reserve my ride?
- Telephone number
- Pick up and destination address(s),
- Date of ride(s)
- Time of your pickup and appointment (if you have one)
- Time you will want the bus arrive to bring you home
- If anyone will be accompanying you.
When can I reserve my ride?
- Reserve your ride at least one day in advance or up to 7 days in advance.
- The more time in advance you reserve your ride, your chances increase getting the times you want.
- Plan extra time for your trip. BC Lift is a shared ride service and others will likely ride with you.
- When scheduling your ride your will be asked for you appointment time. Be sure to allow time to get to and from the bus for the actual appointment. For example, if you have to be at work at 9:00AM, but know you need time to walk from the bus to your desk, make your appointment for 8:45AM.
- The day before your ride, we will schedule your ride as close as possible to your requested times. We will contact you to confirm your requested times.
Cancellations and No Show Policy
How do I cancel my reservation
- To cancel your ride, call 607.763.8747 one hour or more before your scheduled pick up time. Cancellations made less than one hour before the scheduled trip will be considered a "no show"
- If you have multiple trips scheduled, cancel each trip as needed. A trip is defined as each one-way ride.
"No Show" Policy
- If you do not show at your scheduled pick up time, you will be recorded as a "no-show".
- As a courtesy, drivers will wait an extra five minutes after your pick up time.
- Cancellations made less than one hour before your scheduled pick up time will be considered a "no show".
- The full "no-show" policy is further explained in our Paratransit Policy and Procedure Manual.
Please note that BC Transit’s approach is to work with each consumer or agency to prevent any suspensions from occurring and to keep consumers access to transportation. This is accomplished by sending warning letters to consumers after each no-show. During this time there is an opportunity for the consumer or agency to contact us if the no-show was beyond their control. BC Transit will then remove the no-show. However, if the consumer or agency does not contact us after each warning letter and then they receive a suspension letter, there is a grace period prior to the suspension beginning where the consumer or agency can contact us once again. It is only after every possible step is exhausted that we instill the suspension process. At this point they are given an opportunity to appeal.
Trip Denial Policy
What is your trip denial policy?
A trip denial is considered a ride that cannot be provided by the BC Lift. These include requesting a next-day a next-day trip and the BC Lift says it cannot provide that trip, requesting a next-day trip and the BC Lift can only offer a trip that is outside of the 1¬ hour negotiating window. The trip denial policy is further explained in our Paratransit Policy and Procedure Manual.