BC Lift Overview
What is the BC Lift?
BC Lift is our alternative paratransit bus service for those who cannot use BC Transit's fixed-route buses due to conditions related to their disability. The bus will pick you up at your home or location of your choice and bring you to and from your destination.
This service is mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
How do I use BC Lift?
Apply for EligibilityYou and your health care professional will need to complete the BC Lift Application, providing reasons why and under what conditions you cannot use BC Transit's fixed-route system.
Reserve your RideYou make a reservation each time you need a ride. We will match your request with available seating and contact you back with your pick up times. You can reserve your ride by phone or online.
Board the Bus:Watch for the bus at your scheduled pick up time. When the bus comes, board the bus, pay the $3.00 fare and enjoy your ride.
Where does BC Lift go?
- BC Lift serves areas within 3/4 of a mile around BC Transit fixed route service, which includes much of Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, Endwell and Vestal.
- BC Lift is an origin to destination service.
- Your pick up and destination must be within the service area shown on the map.more info►
How much does it cost?
- $3.00 for each ride - exact change only
- Children under 5 ride free when accompanied by an adult
- Personal care attendants ride free (must be included in reservation, max 2)
- Eligible BC Lift users can ride BC Transit's fixed route system for reduced rates with your BC Lift ADA card.
What are your hours?
The BC Lift buses run the following hours:
- Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- BC Lift will be closed most major holidays.
Title VI Civil Rights Protection
The Broome County Department of Public Transportation is committed to ensuring that no person on the basis of race color, or national origin, will be subjected to discrimination in the level and quality of transportation services as protected by Title VI.
ADA Complaint Process
If a passenger has an ADA complaint regarding an incident that occurred with BC Transit’s staff or while using one of our services, they may file a written complaint using the following methods:
- You may obtain our ADA complaint form from our website (www.ridebctransit.com) and mailing the written complaint to 413 Old Mill Road, Vestal NY, 13850.
- You may request our ADA complaint form be mailed to you by calling the Administrative Office at 607.763.4464 option 3 or the BC Junction Office at 607.763.1692.
- You may obtain our ADA complaint form in person by visiting the – Administrative Office, 413 Old Mill Road, Vestal NY 13850 or the Junction Office, 81 Chenango Street, Binghamton NY 13901.
- ADA Complaint Form