There are times when buses may unexpectedly have to detour. BC Transit will make every effort to keep you informed as detours occur.
Please review the following rider alerts:
Greater Binghamton Transportation Center Commercial Bus Travel Suspended
Effective Friday, March 27, 2020 at 12 AM, the Greater Binghamton Transportation Center (Bus Station) will close. All commercial bus travel (Coach USA, Trailways, Greyhound, OurBus) is temporarily suspended. Important to note, BC Transit will continue to run as scheduled.
Essential and necessary travel only! Stay at home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider. Social distancing and good hygiene is a must.
Broome County Transit Implements Changes in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
(VESTAL, NY) Broome County Transit is implementing several changes as part of the County’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Buses are still running as scheduled but starting today, Thursday, March 19, 2020 the following changes have been made:
- Broome County Transit is offering free rides to all passengers. There is no need for anyone to pay a fare, touch cash or a farebox.
- New partitioning has been added between interior seating and the drivers’ compartment to assist with following social distancing guidelines.
- There is now limited seating per bus to reduce virus transmission.
- All access to the buses will be through the rear doors with the exception for those in wheelchairs or mobility impaired
- In addition to elevated daily cleaning and disinfecting, throughout the day staff will be spot disinfecting frequently touch surfaces. such as handrails, seat backs and doors.
- We ask that the public follow the County Executive’s no unnecessary travel order.
The Broome County Health Department urges you to stay home if you are sick, call your healthcare provider and/or use telemedicine, and only travel for necessary functions such as work, food, pharmacy etc.
Broome County is working closely with state and federal health agencies to monitor the spread of the disease and act decisively to keep Broome County safe and healthy. ::READ MORE::
BC Transit is following NY State Department of Transporation and NY State Department of Health guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting of Public Transportation vehicles and equipment ::READ MORE::
BC Transit will not be asking for fare
As of March 19, 2020, Broome County Transit is offering free rides to all passengers. There is no need for anyone to pay a fare, touch cash or a farebox.
If you purchased any 31 Day BC Transit Pass on or after March 1, 2020, please do not throw it away. Turn it into the BC Junction Office or at the Administration Office located at 413 Old Mill Road in Vestal. BC Transit will replace your pass with a new un-activated pass of equal value once we begin collecting fare again.
Extra Service Routes to SUNY Broome and BU
The 5 Vestal Ave helper buses weekdays at 7:30a, 8:10a, 8:50a, 9:30a, 10:10a will not be in service as BU has canceled classes. Please take the regularly scheduled 5 Vestal Ave bus.
The 8 Express will not be in service as of March 19, 2020. Please take the regularly scheduled 8 Front St.
The 9 BU Advantage will not be in service.
The 15 Leroy St helper buses weekdays at 7:30a, 8:10a, 8:50a, 9:30a, 10:10a will not be in service as BU has canceled classes. Please take the regularly scheduled 15 Leroy St bus.
The 16 BU Express will not be in service as BU has canceled classes. Please take alternate routes, including routes 15, 17 or 35. Route 35 will connect at the BC Junction with routes 5, 15 or 57 going to BU.