Broome County Mental Health Department
The Broome County Mental Health Department is responsible for planning, developing, and evaluating mental hygiene services in Broome County. These mental hygiene services include alcoholism and substance abuse services, mental health programs, and services for persons with developmental disablities. Beyond its regulatory role as the local governmental unit, the Department of Mental Health is also licensed to operate mental health and chemical dependency programs.
The Broome County Department of Mental Health directly operates both mental health and chemical dependency programs. These programs include outpatient programs for adults. The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) licenses the mental health programs. The New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) licenses the addiction programs.
Broome County Mental Health Annual Reports
Broome County Mental Health Notice of Privacy Practices
Broome County Mental Health/Social Services Performance Management Dept.
Broome County Mental Health Compliance Information
- Broome County Mental Health Department Compliance Plan
- Broome County Mental Health Department Code of Conduct
Broome County (BC) Community Mental Health Clinic
The BC Community Mental Health Clinic is now CLOSED. To Request clinic records, please send a letter to: Broome County Mental Health Dept., 36-42 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905 OR Fax your request to 607.778.6189
If you have a Mental Health CRISIS, please call CPEP at 607.762.2302.
If you are seeking Mental Health Services, you may the following OMH Licensed Clinics:
- Lourdes Center for Mental Health at 607.584.4465
- Family & Children's Society at 607.729.6206
- Community Treatment Recovery Center (CTRC) at 607.797.0680
- UHS Outpatient Mental Health Clinic at 607.762.2340
Broome County Mental Health Department Contact Information
229-231 State Street
Binghamton, NY 13901
- Administration - 607.778.2351
- Court Liaison Unit, 229-231 State Street, 4th Floor - 607.778.2126
- Chemical Dependency Services Unit (CDSU), 36-42 Main Street - 607.778.1253
- Dual Recovery Coordinator - 607.778.1162
- Families First - 607.778.3080
- Promise Zone - 607.778.1146
- Re-Entry Coordinator - 607.778.1364
- Vocational Initiatives Program - 607.231-8364 x316 (located at Family & Children's Society, 257 Main Street)
Dual Recovery Project Review Committee
The Review Committee has established referral and release of information protocols for the review process to assist in settling disputes regarding client care or access to services.
- DRP Review Committe Referral Request Form
- DRP Review Committee Case Narrative Form
- DRP Review Committee Release of Information Form
- Greater Binghamton Health Center (formerly Binghamton Psych. Center)
- OMH Site Map
- Evidence based practices
- Patient Characteristics Survey
- National Database Of Not-For-Profit Agencies
- ICP Reports
NY-511 Continuum of Care Application for 2013 - Binghamton/Town of Union/Broome, Otsego, Chenango Counties