Single Point of Access (SPOA)
Broome County Mental Health Department (BCMHD) operates Single Point of Access (SPOA) for both Adults and Children & Youth. SPOA provides timely access to services to support individuals living with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and Serious Emotional Disturbances (SED). Please read below to learn more about the SPOA process and the services available.
Adult Single Point of Access (A-SPOA)
Adults 18+, who live in or plan to relocate to Broome County, who have a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) resulting in impairments and need residential supports, care coordination, or Assertive Community Treatment.
If you have any questions please email: AdultSPOA@broomecounty.us
Below is the Adult SPOA Application and Instructions:
- A-SPOA Application and Consent Fillable with digital Adobe Signature pdf
- A-SPOA Application Instructions pdf
- A-SPOA Consent Instructions pdf
Children & Youth Single Point of Access (C-SPOA)
Families with children, generally aged 5-21*, who live in Broome County, who are engaged in or actively seeking mental health treatment. Generally, the child or youth has a mental health diagnosis (or serious emotional disturbance) that can be confirmed or is willing to participate in services to obtain a diagnosis.
*Contact the C-SPOA Coordinator to discuss specific individuals
If you have any questions please email: ChildSPOA@broomecounty.us
Below is the Child SPOA Application and Instructions:
- C-SPOA Application and Consent Fillable with digital Adobe Signature pdf
- C-SPOA Application Instructions pdf
- C-SPOA Universal Consent Instructions 10.2021 pdf
For Provider Agencies:
Guidelines for Services Accessible through SPOA
Provider Agency Forms
- SPOA Committee Purpose, Participation, and Confidentiality Agreement
- SPOA Request for Additional SPOA Services/Situational Update pdf
- SPOA Request for Additional SPOA Services/Situational Update - fillable form