The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a group of citizen volunteers who want to donate their time and skills to prepare for and respond to emergencies. MRC volunteers include people with medical and other backgrounds who want to improve the health and safety of their communities.
Some MRC activities include:
• Emergency response trainings and exercises,
• Emergency shelter operations and medical care,
• Medical surge support,
• Mass dispensing efforts,
• Disease testing and surveillance
• Community vaccine clinics
• Community education and outreach
The Closed POD Partner Program (CP3) works with large employers, institutions, and healthcare facilities to help employees, residents, and their families easily access emergency medications during a public health emergency. Local businesses and institutions are encouraged to become a part of CP3.
By involving the public sector, facilities can prevent their employees from illness and minimize the impact upon day-to-day operations. Through this partnership, medications can be distributed quickly, and resources are utilized efficiently.
Want more info? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Preparedness FAQ
BE BC READY! Sign up for notifications from NY-ALERT and be notified when there’s an emergency.
- Amber & Missing Child/Adult Alerts
- Severe Weather
- Transportation Alerts
- Public Health Alerts
- Community Events and Notifications
- Sex Offender Re-location Alerts