(BINGHAMTON, NY) As in years past, the Broome County Division of Solid Waste Management will be working with Broome County Parks and Recreation to facilitate free Christmas tree recycling this holiday season.
The Christmas trees will be chipped and composted or used for landscaping needs. Please make sure you remove all lights, tinsel, ornaments, and other decorations before dropping off trees for recycling.
The following locations offer recycling for real Christmas trees only, faux (plastic) Christmas trees can be brought to the Broome County landfill for disposal.
Broome County Landfill
- 286 Knapp Rd., Binghamton NY
- December 26, 2020-January 30, 2021
- Mon-Fri 7 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. and Saturday 7a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- 607 S Grippen Ave, Endicott, NY
- December 26, 2020– January 31, 2021
- During daylight hours the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation also offers free Christmas tree recycling at their office in Kirkwood.
- Sub-office:1679 Route 11, Kirkwood, NY
- December 26, 2020-January 31, 2021
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Daily