The Broome County Division of Information Technology is divided into two main sections.These are Computer Services and Communication Services.Computer Services is responsible for all aspects of the County's data processing, programming, networking, software, computer and computer periphery acquisition and maintenance.Communication Services is responsible for printing, graphics design and inter-office and postal mail.
To deliver Information Technology, Printing, Graphic and Mail Services to all county departments, designated agencies and various non-profit organizations in a cost-effective, efficient and professional manner.
Communication Services provides printing and graphics services for Broome County, other local governments, schools, non-profit agencies and other organizations.The Broome County Print Shop offers a graphic artist, offset printing, two-color printing, black/white & full-color copying and a variety of other printing services such as folding and inserting pages for mass mailings.
Communication Services is also responsible for all inter-office mail and incoming and outgoing mail through the US Postal Service for departments in the County.
Telecommunications Services provides all voice data telecommunications services and equipment for County Departments at the lowest possible cost, utilizing state-of-the-art technology in order to enable each department to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Provides direction and policy for all computer related issues
- Prepares budgets, fiscal, personnel and other documents
- Provides clerical and administrative support for the division
- Prepares requests for Legislature, BAC and Purchasing approval
- Contract Administration
- Processes all purchase orders, vouchers, invoices and all division revenue
- Directs all incoming requests for services
Computer Room Operations & Customer Support Help Desk
- Provides support for county computer users, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Answers all Help Desk calls, logs problems, provides assistance and follow-up
- On-Call assistance provided for all weekends and holidays
- Backs up all information on mainframe and AS/400's as well as various PC networks
- Processes, prints and distributes paychecks, financial reports, tax bills and departmental reports as needed
- Processes all Freedom of Information Act Requests for data located on various systems
Graphics, Printing & Mail Room
- Provides Graphic Technician design services for all county departments, designated agencies, towns, villages and school districts
- Provides offset printing, black/white and full color photocopying services on request
- Courier service delivers and picks up internal and external mail to all county locations
- Develops and maintains computer programs on various platforms including mainframe, AS/400 and PC systems
- Conducts feasibility studies and researches new solutions
- Creates computer user documentation and instruction manuals for programs
Systems & Technical Support
- Supports IBM mainframe computer, (4) iSeries Servers (AS/400s), several Linux and Unix servers, (66) Windows servers and over 1400 PC systems county-wide
- Plans and implements all major hardware, software and network enhancements
- Orders, receives, tests and installs new configurations
- Prepares purchase specifications for hardware and software
- Researches new technology and equipment
- Maintains and updates Broome County Website and Intranet
- Design, develop and maintain Broome County's voice communications network
- Manage the County's telecommunications budget and related accounting system
- Administer telephone and voicemail system training for Broome County Staff