COVID-19, a new and highly contagious coronavirus with significant respiratory symptoms, was labeled a pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020. As of the end of March, the United States has surpassed every country in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases. This pandemic and the response to it are constantly evolving.
Free at-home COVID-19 test kits are available at the Broome County Health Department's Front Desk.
Click here to find additional testing sites near you.
REPORT A COVID-19 POSITIVE CASE AND USE OUR COVID-19 GUIDANCE NAVIGATOR
Broome County Health Department is following CDC guidance which calls for prioritizing case notification for individuals in schools and high-risk congregate settings. As we return to the regular functions, we will no longer conduct case investigations or identify close contacts over the phone. We are committed to providing the tools and information to help our community manage this disease.
Click the image above to:
- Report your positive test, complete a quick case interview, and receive isolation documents
- Get advice on what to do if you are feeling sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
If you test positive for COVID-19, be sure to
1) Report your case at the link above
2) Notify anyone that that you were within 6 feet of for 15 minutes or more during the 2 days before you became sick, with or without a mask
3) Follow this information about how to isolate: CDC Isolation Guidance
If you are a contact of a COVID-19 case, be sure to
1) Follow this information about how to quarantine: CDC Quarantine Guidance
2) Use the link above for advice on when to quarantine, wear a mask, and get tested NYSDOH Affirmation of Quarantine3) Complete and email/print this form if you need documentation for work:
Currently the Broome County Health Department is conducting COVID-19 vaccine clinics for any New York resident 5+.
For a list of vaccine clinics at Broome County schools, click here.
As of 9/24/21, county COVID statistics can be found on the new Broome Country COVID-19 Dashboard. Click the logo above to navigate to the dashboard. Numbers will be updated Monday-Friday.
Regional data monitored by New York State can be found on the New York Forward website.
The CDC's COVID Data Tracker, including level of transmission, can be found here.
For Binghamton University COVID-19 Testing Data click here.
For the latest national information, visit the CDC COVID-19 website.
Mask Posters Available for Businesses Here
For direct, one-on-one resources, call 2-1-1.