Built by the New York State Department of Transportation and leased, improved and maintained by Broome County Parks Department, Otsiningo provides a refreshing interlude close to the urban core. Named for one of the many 18th century Native American words for the lower Chenango River Valley, Otsiningo Park land was once inhabited by peoples of several Indian nations. With its easily-reached centralized location, easy-to-walk paved trails, and a specially-designed ADA-compliant playground, Otsiningo Park offers opportunities for all to enjoy a day at the park.
Online reservations for picnic shelters: reserveamerica.com
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Paved walking path
- Open Play Field
- Softball field and 4 Soccer fields, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $15.00 per field per day. (NOTE: Soccer fields at Otsiningo North are reservable through the Town of Chenango.)
- Sand volleyball courts (4), available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $10.00 per court per day
- Bocce court
- Children's play structures, including handicapped accessible features
- Community Gardens (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Two picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation online (reserveamerica.com) Call 607.778.2193 for information. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, and the reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays. $5.00 transaction fee applies.
- Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
- "Broome Bands Together" Free Summer Concert Series
- 2019 Broome County Parks Scarecrow Contest and Display! Complete an Entry form, or give us a call at 607.778.2193. Entry forms are due by 9/23/19; Scarecrows must be completed by Oct 4 & 5, 2019
- Broome County Parks Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat. October 20th, from 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.Trunk or Treat 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Event includes food, kids activities, music, dog costume contest and face painting. Businesses, clubs and other organizations are invited to decorate a trunk and join in on the fun! Complete a Registration form to set up trunk and pass out candy! Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 607.778.2193
Participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program.
Otsiningo Community Gardeners' Association
Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market (Now the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market)
The Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market has transitioned to the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market located in their new, year-round building at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County. Visit their website for more information.
Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
A nationally-recognized 3-day event, this major summer attraction draws over 100,00 people to enjoy more than 40 hot-air balloons, a craft show,live music, fireworks, food vendors galore, and, of course, the spiedie cooking contest! Find out more at www.spiediefest.com
Broome Bands Together Summer Concert Series
Free summer concert series featuring a wide variety of musical genres suitable for the whole family! Bring a picnic dinner if you wish, and blanket or lawn chairs to these alcohol-free and smoke-free events.
Scarecrow Contest & Display
The Annual Scarecrow Contest & Display takes place in the month of October. This fall event features fun scarecrow displays created by families, businesses, organizations and individuals. Votes cast by park visitors determine the winner.Contest Entry is free and Open to All! Design and create your own scarecrow and enter to win a prize. Details about 2020 Scarecrow Contest will be available in September.
Broome County Parks Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat
This free family fun event takes place in late October. The event includes food vendors, local organizations, face painting, fall games, scarecrow displays, trunk or treat and even a dog costume contest! Otsiningo Park is decorated with pumpkins, mums, hay, and everything fall! Be sure to check back about details for the 2020 Broome County Parks Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat.
The shared efforts of Broome County and the Town of Chenango transformed the former Riverfront Park into Otsiningo North. Paved trails provide access to and from Otsiningo Park, extending opportunities for bicyclists and walkers entering from either Bevier St. or Upper Front St.
Otsiningo North boasts an extensive soccer field complex. Reservations at Otsiningo North fields may be made at www.townofchenango.com or call 607.648.4609 ext. 9