Built by the New York State Department of Transportation and leased, improved and maintained by Broome County Parks Department, Otsiningo provides a refreshing interlude close to the urban core. Named for one of the many 18th century Native American words for the lower Chenango River Valley, Otsiningo Park land was once inhabited by peoples of several Indian nations. With its easily-reached centralized location, easy-to-walk paved trails, and a specially-designed ADA-compliant playground, Otsiningo Park offers opportunities for all to enjoy a day at the park.
Online reservations for picnic shelters: reserveamerica.com
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Paved walking path
- Open Play Field
- Softball field and 4 Soccer fields, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $15.00 per field per day. (NOTE: Soccer fields at Otsiningo North are reservable through the Town of Chenango.)
- Sand volleyball courts (4), available by reservation - call 607.778.2193 beginning in January for April-October of the current year. Rate is $10.00 per court per day
- Bocce court
- Children's play structures, including handicapped accessible features
- Community Gardens (contact email@example.com)
- Two picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation online (reserveamerica.com) Call 607.778.2193 for information. Shelter rental rates are $90.00 on weekends/holidays, and the reduced rate of $30.00 on non-holiday weekdays
- Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
- "Broome Bands Together" Free Summer Concert Series
- 2019 Broome County Parks Scarecrow Contest and Display! Complete an Entry form, or give us a call at 607.778.2193. Entry forms are due by 9/23/19; Scarecrows must be completed by Oct 4 & 5, 2019
- Broome County Parks Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat. October 20th, from 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.Trunk or Treat 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Event includes food, kids activities, music, dog costume contest and face painting. Businesses, clubs and other organizations are invited to decorate a trunk and join in on the fun! Complete a Registration form to set up trunk and pass out candy! Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (607)778-2193
Participant in the Wegman's "Passport to Family Wellness" program.
Otsiningo Community Gardeners' Association
Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market (Now the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market)
The Otsiningo Park Farmers' Market has transitioned to the Broome County Regional Farmers' Market located in their new, year-round building at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County. Visit their website for more information.
Annual Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally
A nationally-recognized 3-day event, this major summer attraction draws over 100,00 people to enjoy more than 40 hot-air balloons, a craft show,
live music, fireworks, food vendors galore, and, of course, the spiedie cooking contest! Find out more at www.spiediefest.com
Scarecrow Contest & Display
The 4th Annual Scarecrow Contest and Display is coming to Otsiningo Park October 6th-18th. Contest Entry is free and Open to All! (Individuals, businesses, groups and families). Design and create your own scarecrow and enter to win a prize. Entry forms must be received by September 23rd. For entry form, rules and other information please follow the below link. You can also email email@example.com or call 607-778-2193. Scarecrow Contest Entry Forms and Rules
Broome County Parks Fall Festival & Trunk or Treat
As we prepare for the fall season, we are pleased to announce the Broome County Parks Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat, to take place at Otsiningo Park in the Town of Dickinson, October 20th, from 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Trunk or Treat will take place from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Admission is free! Event includes food, kids activities, music, dog costume contest, trunk or treat and face painting.
The shared efforts of Broome County and the Town of Chenango transformed the former Riverfront Park into Otsiningo North. Paved trails provide access to and from Otsiningo Park, extending opportunities for bicyclists and walkers entering from either Bevier St. or Upper Front St.
Otsiningo North boasts an extensive soccer field complex. Reservations for fields at Otsiningo North may be made at www.townofchenango.com