Nathaniel Cole Park
Nathaniel Cole Park is named after a Revolutionary War veteran who settled with his family in 1795 in an area that eventually came to be called Cole's Hill. Together with his son, Nathaniel Cole, Jr., he built a tavern on the corner of what is now Farm-To-Market Road and Watrous Road. The tavern was in operation as early as 1800 and became a stopping place for the stage coach en route from Binghamton to Albany. Part of the land once owned by Nathaniel Cole now comprises the Broome County Park by that name.
Cole Park boasts a beautiful 53-acre lake and twin arcs of white sand, the largest protected beach in the county system. There are two picnicking areas and all the amenities necessary to make Nathaniel Cole one of our finest parks.
For more information, call 607.693.1389
- Open and shaded areas
- Tables and grills
- Water taps and fountains
- Sand Volleyball
- Playground equipment
- Horseshoe pits
- Four picnic shelters, 100 person capacity, available by reservation - call 607.778.2193. Shelter rental rates are $80.00 on weekends/holidays and $25.00 on weekdays.
- Food Concession
- White sand beach
- Certified lifeguards
- Changing areas with showers
- Coin operated lockers
- No private boats are allowed on Nathaniel Cole Lake.
- Rental boats are available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Hours are 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
|Boat||Deposit||Per Hour||Per Day|
|*Senior Citizen Rowboats||$5.00||$3.00||$10.00|
*Senior Citizen rates apply Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) for those 62 years old and older.
- Fish for small mouth bass and panfish from the shore or from rented boats
Self-Guided Nature Trails
- Circle the lake on 1.5 miles of scenic trail
- Information brochure for self-guided nature walk available
Cole Park Nature Trail Guide (pdf, 1260KB)
- Group camping, by organized youth groups, (i.e. church youth groups, schools, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts) is permitted.
- Groups may secure a permit by calling 607.778.2193 at least one week prior to the date requested.
- Please call the main office to request additional information on group camping.