To view Election results as they come in, please click below to visit our new interactive site, BroomeVotes.com!
Follow us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BroomeVotes
Visit us on our new interactive website at: http://www.broomevotes.com/welcome
THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS HAS OPENINGS FOR POLLWORKERS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING AS A POLLWORKER FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT 607.778.2172 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
To obtain a registration form, you can print Voter Registration Form, fill it out completely making sure you sign it, and mail it to: Broome County Board of Elections, PO Box 1766, Binghamton, NY 13902. You also can pick registration forms up at any postoffice, or call the Board of Elections at 607.778.2172 and request a form be mailed.
- Last day to register for 2014 Primary election August 15, 2014
- Last day to receive new registration August 20, 2014; postmarked August 15, 2014
- Last day to change your address - August 15, 2014
GENERAL ELECTION - TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2014
Polls are open 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Registration deadline information:
- Last day to register for 2014 General election October 10, 2014
- Last day to receive new registration October 15, 2014; postmarked October 10, 2014
- Last day to change your address October 15, 2014
- Last day to change your enrollment for it to be effective for 2015 Primary October 10, 2014
Please note: as long as you will be 18 by election day (11/4/14) you can register to vote for this election.
Registration general information
If you are a registered voter in Broome County, and have moved within the county after October 16th, please call the Election Office at 778.2172 or email us at BCBOE@co.broome.ny.us for information on voting at your new polling place.
ELECTED OFFICIAL INFORMATION
RUNNING FOR OFFICE
- The first day to sign Designating Petitions (click on this for a link to sample petition) is MAY 29, 2014
- Designating petitions filing dates are July 7 - 10. The Board of Elections will be open until 5:00 p.m. these dates to receive petitions.
- The first day to sign Independent Nominating Petitions (click on this for a link to sample petition) is July 8, 2014. Any signature obtained before this date will be subject to challenge.
- Independent Nominating Petitions filing dates are August 12 - 19. The Board of Elections will remain open until 5:00 p.m. to receive petitions.
The Southern Tier Postal Customer Council (STPCC) is presenting a free seminar on Political Mailing. Click here for details
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
Any registered voter who will be absent from broome county on election day, or who is ill can vote by absentee ballot.
To obtain an absentee ballot a voter must fill out an application (click for link to form) or can be obtained by calling the Board of Elections at 607.778.2172. The form must contain the following information:
- If you will be out of the county, your name, broome county address, phone number and date of birth, the address where you would like your ballot mailed to (if left blank it will go to your home address) and the appropriate reason checked. Make sure the application is signed and dated.
- If due to an illness, check either the temporary illness box or if it is a permanent illness, fill out the d section "only for permanent illness or disability" it does not need to be completed by your physician.
- You may apply for an absentee ballot in person at the Election office up until the day before an election. If you need your ballot mailed, the application must be received NO LATER than 7 days prior to the election.
ABSENTEE BALLOT STATISTICS:
LOCAL PARTY CONTACTS
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the political process, or if you have any questions concerning candidates political platforms, below is a list of County Committee's and their contact information:
MILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS:
Please go to the following link for instructions to receive a ballot via email:
There will be a Campaign Finance Webinar offered by the New York State Board of Elections. We will be broadcasting it here at the Broome County Office Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium on:
THURSDAY, JUNE 5TH - 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
State Board to Host Campaign Finance Webinar
The New York State Board of Elections will host a three-hour Campaign Finance Webinar for Broome County on Thursday, June 5, at 9:00 a.m. All participants should visit the NYSBOE website at www.elections.ny.gov , go to Calendar of Events in June, on the homepage, for the link to join the Webinar.
The Webinar will include a presentation on campaign financial disclosure requirements as defined in New York State Election Law. Conducted by NYSBOE’s Campaign Finance Unit, these seminars are designed to assist candidates and committees in understanding the law and the disclosure process. Members of the media and the public are welcome.
The Webinar is held in partnership with the Broome County Board of Elections.
If a candidate spends or raises over $1,000.00 they must file their financial disclosures with the NYS Board of Elections. You can visit: www.elections.ny.gov to view all filed disclosures
To use the district finder: all the streets are in alphabetical order then by zip code. Find your street and zip code, then check the house number range to find the line that defines your address. You will find your polling place location, and the last column will tell you what election district you are in.
VOTING MACHINE INSTRUCTIONS:
The Broome County Board of Elections is responsible for the honest and efficient operations of all National, State, County, City, and Local elections in our County. The Board insures that all eligible County citizens are offered an opportunity to register and vote; to maintain a complete and accurate voter file of all the registered voters in Broome County area; to insure that the integrity of the balloting process is maintained throughout Broome County; to enforce all provisions of the New York State Election Law.
- Voter Registration Form
- Absentee Ballot Form
- Registration and Absentee Ballot Request - Federal Post Card Application Military and Special Federal Applicants
- Election Inspector Applications Form
(Political Calendar, Polling Places, Maps and Races)
- Official New York State Political Calendar (on NYSBOE site) due April 2013
- Voter Turnout History
- Voting Information System (Enter an address and find your polling place and elected officials)
- 2014 Primary Election Official Results
- 2014 Federal Primary Official Results
- 2013 General Election Official Results
- 2013 Primary Election Official Results
- 2012 General Election Official Results
- 2012 Primary Election Official Results
- 2012 Federal Primary Election Official Results
- 2012 Presidential Primary Election Official Results
- 2011 General Election Official Results
- 2011 Primary Election Official Results
- 2010 General Election Official Results
- 2010 Primary Election Official Results
- 2009 Primary Election Official Results
- 2009 General Election Official Results
- 2008 General Election Official Results
- 2008 Primary Election Official Results
- 2008 Presidential Primary Election Official Results
- 2007 General Election Official Results
- 2007 Primary Election Official Results
- 2006 General Election Official Results
- 2006 Primary Election Official Results
- 2005 General Election Official Results
- 2005 Primary Election Official Results
- 2004 General Election Official Results
- 2004 Primary Election Official Results
- 2004 Presidential Primary Election Official Results
- 2003 General Election Official Results
- 2002 General Election Official Results
- 2000 General Election Official Results
- 2013 October Enrollments by district
- 2013 Enrollments summary
- 2013 Enrollments by district
- 2013 Enrollments by village
- 2013 Enrollments by town
- 2012 Enrollments by district
- 2012 Enrollments by legislative district
- 2012 Enrollments by town
- 2011 Enrollments by district
- 2011 Enrollment summary by town
- 2010 Enrollments by district
- 2010 Enrollment summary by town
- 2010 Enrollment by legislative district
- 2009 Enrollments by district
- 2009 Enrollments by town
- 2008 Enrollments
- 2007 Enrollments
- 2006 Enrollments
- 2005 Enrollments