Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm EXCEPT HOLIDAYS
We encourage taxpayers to mail in their tax payments versus using in-person payment venues at the County Office Building and Oakdale Mall locations. Paid receipts maybe obtained by going to taxlookup.net and printing.
NYS Homeowner Assistance Fund:
The New York State Homeowner Assistance Fund (NYS HAF) is a federally funded program dedicated to assisting homeowners who are at risk of default, foreclosure or displacement as result of a financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
NYS HAF expects to receive significantly more applications than can be funded by the program. . Application submission does not guarantee you will receive financial assistance.
For additional information on this program, click here.
CHANGES TO TAX SERVICE
City of Binghamton taxpayers are requested to mail in their tax payments to the BC Director of OMB at PO Box 2087 Binghamton, NY 13902 (include a copy of your tax bill.)
To request information regarding entering a NEW Installment Agreement, please call 607-778-6431 and leave your name, the town the property is in, tax map number, property address, and your daytime phone number. We will return your call once the research is complete and we have the information available for you.
If you are currently in an Installment Tax Agreement, your monthly payment is still due according to your payment schedule. Please mail your payment to BC Real Property Tax Service, PO Box 2087, Binghamton, NY 13902. Please include your control/agreement number on your check or money order.
Off-site tax collection offices are centralized at the Oakdale Mall (lower rear entrance, behind Lourdes Fitness Center and Beer Tree) and the Broome County Office (Edwin L. Crawford Building). Both Locations will have drop-boxes available for payments as well. The Mall location will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. for collection of current taxes only, September and October for school tax payments. January through March for Town and County tax payments, for the school districts and towns that Broome County Real Property collects taxes for. The Broome County Office location will continue to collect both current and delinquent taxes year-round.
This tax collection site applies to the following School Districts: Binghamton City School, Sunrise Terrace, Chenango Forks, Chenango Valley, Deposit Central School, Harpursville, Johnson City, Maine-Endwell, Susquehanna Valley, Union-Endicott, and Whitney Point. And the following Towns: Binghamton, Chenango, Conklin, Dickinson, Fenton, Kirkwood, Nanticoke, Union, and the City of Binghamton.
Information on Broome County Tax Foreclosure Auction
Check back for information on the next tax foreclosure auction.
The Real Property Tax Service of Broome County seeks to improve the administration and understanding of the real property tax. Technical and professional assistance is provided to other county departments, local governments, local town assessors, school districts, the taxpayers, attorneys, and real estate professionals in all aspects of real property tax.
Broome County Real Property Tax Service
60 Hawley Street, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 2087
Binghamton, NY 13902
Telephone: 607.778.2169 or 607.778.2124
Real Property Tax Service Staff
Wendy S. Hughes, Acting Director/Receiver of Taxes
Shari Blass, Assistant Director
- Train and assist local assessors in coordination with NYS Office of Real Property
- Train members of Boards of Assessment Review
- Assist assessors with the completion of annual reports
- Provide assessment rolls and exemption forms to local assessors
- Work with towns and school districts for preparation of tax rolls, tax bills, and mailing
- Provide property and assessment information to taxpayers, property owners, and other interested parties
- Maintain property sales records.
- Serve as the tax collection agency for the City of Binghamton, Towns of Binghamton, Chenango, Conklin, Dickinson, Fenton, Kirkwood, Nanticoke, Union, Windsor, and the School Districts of City of Binghamton including Sunrise Terrace, Chenango Forks, Chenango Valley, Deposit, Harpursville, Johnson City, Maine-Endwell, Susquehanna Valley, Union-Endicott and Whitney Point.
- Maintain tax maps for all towns and villages in Broome County
- Administer the installment tax payment program
- Identify the delinquent tax parcels and manage the county tax foreclosure auction
- If you feel your assessment is inequitable or excessive, you have the right to seek a review. For further information go to www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/contest/completegriev.htm. Grievance day is the 4th Tuesday in May annually.
- Contact your local Assessor for more information. Broome County Real Property does not handle assessments and disputes.
Tax Exemption Information
You may be eligible for any of the below exemptions:
- Senior Exemption: Certain Villages, Town, and School Districts have granted a tax exemption to persons 65 years of age or older, who have owned and occupied their home for 12 consecutive months ad their legal residence. Used exclusively for residential purposes and meet certain income limitations. For filing instructions go to www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/exemption/seniorexempt.htm. You must apply by March 1, of the year you turn 65.
- Disability Exemption: Requirements and form can be found at www.tax.ny.gov/pit/property/exemption/disablexempt.htm
- STAR Exemption: Requirements and form can be found at www.tax.ny.gov/star/default.htm or NY STAR hotline 518-457-2036
- All exemptions are done via your local Assessor. EXCEPT for STAR exemptions, those are processed through the NYS Taxation and Finance Department. Broome County Real Property does not grant or process any exemptions.
Deed Filing Information
When eRecording, please complete the TP-584 and RP-5217 forms online in PDF format and submit electronically with the deed. Each barcode is unique to each transaction. Do not copy/paste or reuse a form.
For deeds submitted via hard copy, complete the PDF forms online, print, and submit them with the deeds.
The PDF forms can be found on the Internet at:
Please go to www.gobroomecounty.com/clerk for more information.
Address and Name Changes
To change your permanent tax billing address, please complete and submit the Online Tax Roll Change Form.
Alternately, you can download, print, complete, and return the Tax Roll Change form (pdf) to Real Property. Please include documentation if required.
This form does not remove anyone from your tax bill; you will need to file a new deed with the Clerk's Office (www.gobroomecounty.com/clerk) for more information.
To combine properties, please complete the Request to Combine Properties for Assessment Purposes form and deliver it to the appropriate Town/City Assessor for approval and signature.
The Assessor will then send it to Real Property for processing.
Third-Party Notification Form
If you are 65 or older or disabled and would like a copy of your tax bill to be sent to a designated person, please complete the Request for Mailing of Duplicate Tax Bills or Statements of Unpaid Taxes to a Third Party form.