(VESTAL, NY) Broome County Transit is implementing several changes as part of the County’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Buses are still running as scheduled but starting today, Thursday, March 19, 2020 the following changes have been made:
- Broome County Transit is offering free rides to all passengers. There is no need for anyone to pay a fare, touch cash or a farebox.
- New partitioning has been added between interior seating and the drivers’ compartment to assist with following social distancing guidelines.
- There is now limited seating per bus to reduce virus transmission.
- All access to the buses will be through the rear doors with the exception for those in wheelchairs or mobility impaired
- In addition to elevated daily cleaning and disinfecting, throughout the day staff will be spot disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, seat backs and doors.
- We ask that the public follow the County Executive’s no unnecessary travel order.
The Broome County Health Department urges you to stay home if you are sick, call your healthcare provider and/or use telemedicine, and only travel for necessary functions such as work, food, pharmacy etc.