Remember It’s Not Too Late to
The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu shot
Good habits like covering your cough and washing your hands can help stop the spread of germs and prevent illnesses like the flu.
You can get a flu shot at:
- Your primary care provider’s office.
- The Health Department. Call us for an appointment at 607-778-2839.
- A local retail pharmacy.
To find available local retail /pharmacy clinics try the Flu Clinic Locator.
Common Flu Signs & Symptoms
Flu signs and symptoms usually come on suddenly. People who are sick with flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
Information for Specific High-Risk Groups or Conditions
- Adults 65 Years and Older
- Pregnant Women
- Young Children
- Heart Disease & Stroke
- Children with Neurologic Conditions
Additional Influenza Information Is Available On The Following Websites:
The New York State Flu Tracker tracks laboratory-confirmed influenza cases each week across New York, in each region and county, and compares trends between seasons