Are you a student interested in gaining valuable work experience in a local government office? The Broome County Clerk's Office offers academic internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Whether you're interested in pursuing a career in local government or just looking to gain experience in public service, we encourage you to apply!
The Undergraduate Internship focuses on improving office efficiencies, performing standard data entry and filing procedures and conducting other standard professional office tasks. Projects may include, but are no limited to:
- Creating pamphlets
- Updating social media accounts
- Researching various opportunities for the office to expand its reach
Graduate interns can expect to gain experience in policy and financial analysis, strategic planning and grant writing. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating New York State legislation and researching how policy initiatives impact local government.
- Assisting with the financial analysis of our revenues and expenditures and preparing for the annual budget submission.
- Developing an asset management program.
- Reviewing and improving office procedures and efficiencies.
- Researching new grant funding streams and writing grant applications.
There is no financial compensation for these internships. However, students are eligible to receive academic credit for their internship, as per their University guidelines. If you wish to receive academic credit, please apply as early as possible. This will ensure there is enough time for the interview process, planning for academic internship requirements, and the two-week background check process.
The Broome County Clerk's Office is open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm in the summer and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in the winter. Availability to work during those business hours is a requirement.
Please email your resume, cover letter and a list of references (both academic and non-academic) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Deputy County Clerk